Your front door is the focal point of your home. According to Remodeling Magazine’s annual cost value report of 2017, a beautiful and stylish door can average 90.7 percent of the cost value to your home. A new front door not only raises your home’s curb appeal, but it improves security and energy efficiency.
Entry door choices offer a variety of options, making the consideration for you and your home a little overwhelming. Here are some entry door tips that will be sure to provide your guests a lasting and memorable first impression.
- Go for the Grand Entryway – Grand entryways are a rising trend in 2017. If you want your entryway to take the show, you’ll want to choose a door that is an ornate and stunning area to welcome guests. Keep in mind that that you will want your door to fit in with the overall style of your home.
- Add Something Unique – Another trend in 2017 is to remain casual, but with a touch of something unusual or surprising. Consider something unique such as an arched doorway or transom windows.
- Bigger is Better – It Is easy to see that front doors have become larger over time. If your ceiling in your entrance hall allows it, consider an eight foot door or taller to welcome your guests.
- Focus on Energy Efficiency – Homeowners are increasingly aware of their impact on their environment and show a higher concern for energy efficient products. This not only helps in reducing your carbon foot print on the world, but also helps keep your energy costs low and keeps your home comfortable.
- Steel Gives You Strength – Security doors are often reserved for the refined homeowners who appreciate the absolute best design, efficiency, and security for their home and family. These heavily welded and gauged steel frames doors come in a variety of decorative panels providing a lifetime of beauty and security.