If you have made the decision to buy new replacement windows, then you probably have already given a lot of thought the materials that will work best. Aluminum vs. custom vinyl replacement windows? PVC (vinyl) vs. wood windows?
The great news is that your new window decision doesn’t need to be complex. Once you do a side-by-side comparison, it’s easy to see why vinyl or PVC is a preferred choice among homeowners today. Vinyl is definitely superior next to aluminum doors and windows – which easily conduct heat and cold making them much less energy efficient.
When it comes to energy efficient replacement windows, quality wood and vinyl might go head to head, but when you take into account wood’s high-maintenance requirements and consider vinyl’s ease of installation, it’s easy to see why vinyl comes out on top every time. Vinyl is a great choice for these reasons:
- Easy maintenance
- High insulation value
- Appearance and beauty of wood without the hassle
- Durable and strong
- Excellent resistance to air pollutants, salt air, termites, rotting, and corrosion.
When you compare vinyl to any other window option, vinyl is a clear winner. Still have your eyes set on something else? Let’s take a closer look into the long list of benefits vinyl has to offer:
- There’s no need to sand, stain or paint!
- Vinyl won’t flake, peel or pit like wood.
- Vinyl maintains its beauty year after year.
- The only maintenance that vinyl required is seasonal washing.
- Realistic, durable, and beauty faux wood vinyl materials are available today that look just like the real thing.
Need more reasons to choose vinyl as your replacement window material? On average PVC vinyl is 10% + cheaper than other window options such as wood. Low cost vinyl replacement iwndows now become quite compelling! Plus, custom vinyl replacement windows give you a variety of design options and architectural choices that can perfectly complement your lifestyle and home décor. Considering new windows? You might enjoy this article.
Call one of our locations to get a quote.